Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Sunday, October 02, 2005




Isaac still sleeps in his tent in the basement. I decided he should see what it is like to actually camp outside. I have been waiting for it to cool off, but we’re still running our air conditioner in Kansas. The other problem is that Kansas is all private land. The only place you can camp is in a campground at a state park.
The weather called for a low of 58 degrees on Friday night and a slight chance of PM showers. I worked a 24 hour shift on Thursday night and would take Isaac camping as soon as I woke up. Isaac and I headed to Fall River state park, which is over an hour east of Wichita. I made a wrong turn and instead of turning at the state park I turned at Fall River wilderness area. This is a public area where you can hunt or fish. I found a dirt road heading into a river and followed it to the end. I found what looked like a campsite. I still don’t know if we could camp there or not. I did see a fire ring, so we decided to camp there for the night. We actually had a great time until 11:00 pm when the rain started and lots of wind and didn’t stop. In the morning I packed up the tent in the rain. There was no grass where we camped only clay, which when wet sticks to your feet and makes it difficult to walk.
At home I put my tent up in the garage to let it dry out, but the humidity outside was 94%. It is still up in the garage and will probably never dry out. It is pathetic, but I really miss just camping in the West. One thing though, Isaac really had a good time, so we will do more in the future.

1 comment:

CJ's Rant said...

Jeez, sounds like Kansas really sucks.