Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Friday, April 27, 2007

Buffalo River







I have been wanting to float the Buffalo river for several years now. I heard about it from my cousin Zach, who took a trip to the Buffalo river while attending law school in Kansas. It is the country's only National River. Located in Northern Arkansas made it a 6-7 hour drive from Wichita. The weather in Wichita two weeks prior to the trip had been in the 80s, but of course the week of the trip was snowing.



Eric has done behavioral therapy with Isaac for 3 years now and he wanted to do the trip with us. Isaac doesn't know how to swim yet, so I really needed another adult. My original plan was to float 3 days and two nights, camping along the river. Due to the bad weather we ended up two days and one night.



I was shocked at how beautiful the river and surroundings were. I could not believe I was still in the Midwest. The weather was 60-70s for the trip and no rain in sight.
The night did get cold and my new sleeping bag(10 degrees) did not keep me warm. Cheap bag!!



No comments: