Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Sunday, March 09, 2008






We took a family vacation to Breckenridge, Colorado last month, we had an enjoyable, memorable time. We took I 80, it was icy and there was low visability, it added a few hours longer to our drive, but when we got there we heard that I 80 had been closed, so we were grateful to have gotten there safely. Isaac went to Ski School and learned to ski for the first time, he did really well, and we were proud of him for sticking with it and finishing the long day. Nick was pretty patient as he tried to teach me to ski (this was only my second time ever). I scared him a few times when I whizzed down the slopes at full speed, but not full control! Sophia and Savannah spent the day in a day care there on the resort. The day care is called "Belly Button Bakery" they baked chocolate chip cookies and played patty cake. Sophia was good, but Savannah gave them a harder time. It was so nice to relax and spend some alone time with Nick. I think I could really get into skiing, it was a great day. We rented a cabin for the long weekend, it was set high up in the beautiful snow covered mountains. The van only got stuck in the snow once! It was a great place to get away and enjoy time with the family. We sat out in the hot tub every night, it was so peaceful to have snow falling all around us, and enjoying it in warmth. Nick and Isaac went sledding, the girls stayed behind to avoid the 50 mile an hour winds. They had fun, but had to stay bundled up to keep warm. Sophia has asked several times since we've been home to go back to the cabin. It's nice to enjoy nature and all of the beautiful creations we're blessed with.

4 comments:

Shella said...

That sounds wonderful, Em. It reminds me of the show Jon and Kate Plus 8. They just took a trip to Park City to stay in a cabin and go skiing with their twins and sextuplets.

Meridy said...

Yay! You posted!!! Sounds fun, but cold! You'd have to pay me a lot of money to go skiing again though. Everything else sounded like a good time, though. I think that we'll get to come back and see you when you go to Utah!

ps. I'll try to post another recipie on my blog soon. I think that you like it!

Cheryl said...

You didn' tell me about the "not in full control" down the hill part. Of course, when is anyone in full control in a situation like that?
Thanks for taking such good care of your kids! glad you're all safe and had a good time.

Meridy said...

Amen. That is why I hate skiing--it is out of control. Maybe I AM a control freak. I've been wondering that lately