Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Trip to Utah








We had such a great trip over the long holiday weekend. We drove 7 hours to South Weber to stay with our dear friends Mike and Mindi. It was great to see their family and to catch up with them. Nick and Mike spent all day Friday skiing, we wanted to let them go at their own speed and not have to wait for us beginners. The rest of us did what we do best, we went shopping and to lunch. It was fun, but chasing kids around wore us out fast. That night the adults went out to a hip Mexican Grill for dinner. It was like old times when we lived in Wichita together. I wanted to get a picture of us, but the waiter I asked had apparently never taken a photo before and after the 3rd attempt, Nick was done posing, and we didn't get one picture. I then asked another waiter to do the honors, and by this time, Nick was done with the whole photo moment. The one and only picture we got was Nick storming out of the scene. This shows how patient Nick is with photos. After dinner, we went to Ifly Utah, and watched people defy gravity by flying in a wind tunnel. It would be fun to do someday, but the fact that it was $50.00 for 3 minutes discouraged us from trying it. Saturday morning, we woke up to a beautiful sunny day, and headed to Snow Basin ski resort. We left the little girls at Mike and Mindi's with a responsible babysitter, but Isaac was up for a fun day with us. Mike was extremely patient with Isaac, and helped him down the bunny slope numerous times. We had lunch at the lodge alfresco soaking up the sun and just enjoying the beauty surrounding us. After our power lunch, everyone but Nick, Mike and myself went to ski lessons. I would have benefited from lessons, but Mike was patient and gave me some pointers. He and Nick stuck by my side and led me down the mountain. The most satisfying part of all was watching Isaac ski. He has only been once, and wasn't really into it, but this time, he really took to it. He had one on one lessons, and his instructor said he did great. His favorite part about the day was riding the ski lifts. It was a magnificent day! After this fun adventure with the Smith's we drove to Midway, Utah to celebrate Marilyn's birthday. It was nice to visit with Nick's family. We went out to dinner, and then went back to their house for cake and ice cream. Savannah enjoyed her cake so much that she went back for more when nobody was watching. We stayed the night at the Zermatt resort, where the kids had a blast swimming. We left first thing in the morning to make the 7 hour drive back home to Cheyenne. It was a fun-filled trip to Utah.

3 comments:

Carin said...

What a fantastic time! The skiing looks like so much fun! I have not been skiing since I had Bridger, I think I might need to find time =) thanks for sharing your fun time with all =)

Angie said...

Sounds like a fun time! Good job Isaac!

Tami said...

Sounds like a really great trip! I would LOVE to go skiing, I haven't been in years. Fun pictures.