Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Friday, October 30, 2009

"Welcome to the Ice Age!"






We've had a good amount of snowfall over the last few days. Sophia and Savannah were looking out the window and Savannah said, "Welcome to the Ice Age!" We've been stranded in the house for several days due to a 5 foot snowdrift in front of our garage. Finally today, we hired a guy with a tractor to dig us out, he said he'd been up all night plowing snow. Sophia and Savannah played outside for a while today, they had a lot of fun sliding down the snowdrifts. Our fence in the backyard is 6 feet high, and the snow is only about a foot from the top. If we're getting this much snow in October, I'm not looking forward to January and February! I'd rather have global warming than the ice age!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh My Snowdrift!!
How fun and how awful after so much
snow comes and stays.
The girls are making good use of their snowsuits though.
I was just thinking today after reading your note, that maybe the roads wouldn't be clear until Spring.
Love you snowbunnies!

Shella said...

Yuck. I'll admit that you've pretty much got me beat on sad snow stories, Em. But I've always thought it would be so much fun to get snowed in for a little while!

Angie said...

Lyf just showed me in the USA Today that Cheyenne beat the record set in 1906 for the most snow in October, 24" this year beat the old record of 21". I'm glad Nick got his deer last week. Wow, I hope this isn't how the whole year will be. The Islands are looking good about now!

Raelyn Austin said...

Wow!!!! That's alot of snow...I am not ready for that yet... Stay warm! Love ya