We started our Christmas a bit early this year, since we'd be traveling and didn't want to load up all of our gifts. On the 19th, we let the kids each open 3 gifts, then we left for Utah the next morning. When we got back home from vacation, we let them open a gift every night for several days. It worked out so well, I think we'll do it every year. Kids usually get so many gifts on Christmas day that they're overwhelmed. We had a fun week and a half with family and friends. We drove to Midway, Utah to Grandma and Grandpa Larsen's house. Isaac entertained us with some delightful piano solos.
We stayed at the Zermatt Resort, it is a beautiful place. We got to see some ice castles, it was an amazing sight, but so cold that we rushed through.
The trees in Midway were just glisting with beauty, Mother Nature flocked them with ice and snow.
After a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa, we drove to Orem, Utah to visit the Frazier's. They are our friends from medical school that we hadn't seen for 7 years. He just finished his Orthopedic Residency and began practicing in Utah. It was fun catching up with their family, we played games, made jewelry, and ate Heather's great cooking.
The next day we drove to Hurricane, Utah to visit my family. We had a great time visiting and playing with everyone. Isaac's favorite part was eating at Golden Corral. When we got home he asked if we had any buffets in Cheyenne. Christmas day was so fun, the kids got some fun gifts from cousins and Grandma and Grandpa Reeve. Nick and I scored some nice gifts as well, thanks Mom and Dad. The day after Christmas we met at Gordon and Debbie's house for the Larsen Christmas party. Debbie was nice enough to make us all dinner. We played games for a while, and then we went back to Hurricane to pack our suitcases. We got up early the next morning and made the 11 hour drive back to Cheyenne. I didn't get very many photos of our trip, because Nick gave me a little video camera for Christmas, and I used that instead of my regular camera. I'll post some videos when I figure out how to use it.

3 comments:
I am glad you guys had a merry christmas...Isn't it great to be with family during the holidays..well I guess anytime ;o)
It was so good to have you here for the week. We miss you!
Thanks for making the long trip.
You spoiled us with the nice gifts too.
XOXO
Sounds like a fun trip. It was fun to hear about the Fraziers again! We knew them really well too. And, good idea about the gifts over several days. It would make each gift more meaningful.
Post a Comment