Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Friday, September 10, 2010

Isaac's 10th Birthday






Isaac just celebrated his 10th birthday. I can't believe he's in the double digits now!



I took cupcakes to share with his class, and they sang Happy Birthday to him. After school, we had a Pirate Party at the park. It's funny that he requested a pirate themed party considering he didn't exactly love the pirates in Mexico.
He found a cake that he wanted, it looked easy enough, so I agreed. It turned out well for a beginning cake decorator like myself, and Isaac was pleased with it. We ate pizza, had a treasure hunt, a pinata, played pirate ship ring toss, and decorated our own pirate hats.




I think the party turned out fun, and we were lucky enough to have great, warm weather. Isaac has some great friends that are so kind to him, I really appreciate them. Nick was on his way home from Alaska, so we had another party for Isaac the next night, so Daddy could celebrate too. We had cupcakes and Isaac opened a few more presents. Nick gave him an ice cream ball, so we decided to try it out that night. You fill it and shake it and roll it around for 20-30 minutes, and it makes wonderful ice cream. By the time we were done we figured we'd worked off enough calories to enjoy the ice cream, guilt free.

3 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

Looks like the party went great, love your cake! We have the ice cream ball and love it too!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I LOVE the pirate cake! Good job mom! I have never seen the ice cream ball. We may have to keep that in mind for a future birthday. :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Isaac, you are so old and big! We miss you.