Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Deer Hunt



I only had one evening to deer hunt this year. I got permission to hunt on the farm that I hunted last year. I took my neighbor Mike, a dentist in my ward, hunting with me. He wasn't going to hunt, but wanted to come and watch. We drove down to Ark City and met up with the land owner. He directed us to one of his wheat fields. The weather was very cold yesterday with 25 degrees and 30 mph winds. We put on about 7 layers of clothing and felt pretty good. We only had to sit for 1/2 hour before 2 bucks came out of the trees and began feeding. I commented to Mike that hunting is usually more work than this. The bucks were smaller than I wanted, but his was my only chance. After watching them for over 1/2 hour I decided to take one of them. The deer were almost 200 yards away and with my marlin 30-30 the first shot hit dirt in front of the buck, two more shots and I finally hit him. It was fun and took less than two hours. I was very happy to have Mike help me gut the deer and haul it back to the truck.

No comments: