Yesterday the weather was bad(tornado watch)and we were forced to stay inside all day. Sophia was in a destructive mood, and she totally wore me out! Just to mention a few things, orange juice was spilled downstairs on the carpet, so I was cleaning it up(orange juice doesn't come out easily), I had just finished this task when I came upstairs to see Sophia drawing all over the walls. I put her to work trying to clean it up with a magic eraser, but to no avail. We ended up having to repaint the walls, which worked out alright, because there was another spot she had written on the walls previously that I'd been meaning to paint over. I asked her why she drew on the walls, she said, "It would be beautiful." I told her next time she wanted to express her creative abilities to find a piece of paper! So I have a paintbrush in my hand and Isaac yells from the bathroom that he needs some help. I rush to the bathroom to find the toilet overflowing. Last time this happened (only about 2 weeks ago) he informed me that the babies had put 22 wipes in the toilet. I didn't want to know what had made its way in the toilet, or how many, I just grabbed the plunger and went to work on it. Not 10 minutes later I came upon a box of chicken in a biscuit crackers spilled and smashed on the carpet. I picked up the big chunks and fetched the vacuum to get all the crumbs before the grease could soak into the carpet. After that chore, I went to my room and found my cutie Sophia playing hide and seek in my bed (that was made with care eariler, making sure I got all of the wrinkles and puckers out). This is not an account of a full day- oh no, this was only about a 2 hour highlight of my day. I was so glad to climb into my bed(made or not) at 10:00, after the children were finally tucked into their beds for the night. I am so blessed to be a stay at home mother, and would not change it for anything! I love my children unconditionally and eternally! We have to have the hard days so we can appreciate the wonderful, happy days.
It's starting to look a lot like...
6 years ago

4 comments:
What did you do in your spare time?
It's a good thing a mother loves her kids and you are a great Mother!
Holy Cow! I've been reading some fun ones about kids today. Here's a link to another fun post on my friends blog of this nature:
http://romangrace.blogspot.com/2008/05/oh-buddy.html
You are a great mother! Good job surviving the day. It's fun to laugh about these things later. ;)
Bummer day. Unfortunately, I know how those days go. Adam and I always tell each other that we would be amazing parents if our kids didn't drive us nuts so often. Great attitude though! You are right, the rough days really make the great days shine. You are awesome!
You have more patience than I do! I work for my sanity! Summer breaks are appreciated, though. You are a great Mom.
Post a Comment