The cookie recipe is from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook "Deceptively Delicious". This is a great cookbook, and gives healthy options. You sneak veggies into recipes, and most kids won't even notice. I've adapted the recipe a little, I make a bigger batch, and I use half applesauce, half margarine. I also add milled flax seeds, and oat flour. Just adjust it to your family needs. The bread recipe comes from a Vita-Mix cookbook, which is also a great one to have. I love this recipe because it's easy and fast.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 C. trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
2 large egg whites (it won't kill you to throw in the whole egg!)
2 t. vanilla
1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas(garbanzo beans)
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups all-purpose flour(I use wheat flour)
1/2 C. oats
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
Beat the sugar and margarine until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then the chickpeas and chocolate chips. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix until a thick dough forms. Drop by Tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
Whole Wheat Bread
1 1/4 C. warm water
1 T. Yeast
1 T. honey or brown sugar
2 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 T. olive oil
1 t. lemon juice
Combine yeast, honey and water, let it sit for 5 minutes. Add flour and then all other ingredients. Mix until combined. Place dough in a greased bread loaf pan. You can use a wet spatula to smooth out the top. Let rise for about 15 minutes. Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:
Emily, You make everything look yummy!
Even the pat of butter look delicious.
Everyone just left my house from Bunko, It is such a good time.
Emily, You make everything look yummy!
Even the pat of butter look delicious.
Everyone just left my house from Bunko, It is such a good time.
Yes, eve since (oka, this keboad is driiving me nuts. 'm in the computer center at the school, and this keyboard is picky about which key strokes it wants to pay attention to.) ever since I was little, we've been telling Emily she makes everything look good. Even when I wasn't a big fan of baked potatoes, she always made me want one! Maybe this keyboard has decided to quit discriminating. Maybe I won't trade computers. :)
Do you add the garbanzos whole?
Maybe it's kind of a nutty flavor.
Wish I had a slice of wheat bread or a cookie right now.
XOX
Post a Comment