The girls and I went to lunch with some friends last week, on our way back to the car, we walked past a quilt shop. My insticts were to keep on walking, but there placed strategically in the window was horse fabric. Savannah eyed it and stopped in her tracks, she just loves horses and really liked the material. We walked into the cute little store and she picked up the bolt of fabric and proceeded to carry it throughout the shop. I don't really know how to sew, it's not my thing, so I really wondered what I could possibly create with the fabric. I tried to tell Savannah that we'd bring Aunt Angie in to the shop and get the fabric then, of course she didn't like that idea and had to have the fabric now. We decided upon a blanket, and a mere $24.00 later we walked out of the shop, with Savannah proudly holding her bag of fabric. All I could think was, couldn't we have just bought a blanket already made for that price? We got in the car and drove home, Sophia crying and sobbing the whole way about her not having any fabric to make a blanket. We went to another fabric store and I let her choose her own fabric, great, now I am really in over my head! I called Angie for a little sewing advice, and by that night we had 2 finished blankets. It was actually kind of fun to sew, and the girls love their nice, soft blankets. I feel a small sense of accomplishment, I finished a project!
It's starting to look a lot like...
6 years ago

6 comments:
Both of the blankets are so pretty. Good job on the sewing experience.
Now the girls will have new favorite blankets.
Good for you for completing your sewing project. I can see how Sophia would be crying, my middle boy does that too. Is it flannel?
I'm very impressed...done by that night? Mine would have been sitting in the closet for weeks.
They are great even Sophia's. By the way you described the fabric I thought it would be terrible. Good job!
Good job..those r very cute!
Way to go Emily! You are a sewer now! Those are really cute blankets.
By the way, now that my blog is private it doesn't show up on your list when I update my blog. I sent you an invite didn't I?
Post a Comment