Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Sunday, March 08, 2009

It sounded like a good idea



I thought it would be fun to make green eggs and ham for dinner tonight. Isaac was all in, he ran for the green food coloring. I pureed some spinach and added it to some eggs, scrambled them up and added grated swiss cheese. It actually didn't sound that bad to me, but when I put it on the table, Nick was the first one to complain. He took one whiff of it and told me it reminded him of the inside of a deer stomach, very appetizing! Savannah took a bite or two, she was so excited because green is her favorite color. I took one bite, but I couldn't shake off the deer comparison. We all ate our ham, Isaac even colored his green for good measure. Nick didn't waste much time before making himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We all had berry smoothies, which were delicious and not green. This is just one of those many times where it sounds like a good idea at the time, but turns out to be a disaster.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well, now you've tried it. The kids will always be able to relate to that book and phrase and you'll be able to cross it off of your "things I want to do someday list".

Carin said...

"inside of a deer stomach" ... what a comparison! Hey, "A" for effort! It is still a fun memory to have =)

Eric and Rozanne said...

That's funny! It sounded good...I'm surprised it didn't turn out. Oh well, the kids will never forget it.

Raelyn Austin said...

How Fun...You are such a great mommy!!!! Even though it didn't taste the best, your kids and Nick will never forget it!!!

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Emily, you are always up for fun aren't you?

Carin said...

Hey, I made some cake pops. I was sure thinking about you when I made them, I know you like to do that kind of fun stuff. I have a post on them if you are interested. It would have been real fun to do with you =)

Kristina said...

Fun thing to try...Guess I won't try it :)

Bradshaw Clan said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's great ideas don't always turn out as great as I planned.

Tami said...

I loved checking out your blog tonight. Bravo on some great posts! I couldn't stop commenting, so keep checking for comments.. We had green eggs for breakfast on St. pattys (no spinach, just a little food coloring) and my kids all thought that it was fun to try a bite, but wouldn't eat much more than that.

Kelly said...

That is really funny. Thanks for the good laugh.