Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Living Room Decor




I was browsing through the housewares section at Dillard's and saw these cute pillows. I decided they were light and summery, and would go well in my house. I've been enjoying the new look, but the room wasn't perfect yet. I was at my sister Angie's house when my eyes caught sight of a cute little side table that was the absolute perfect color, turquoise covered with a brown glaze. I told her I was in love with the piece, but we decided it wasn't the right scale for my living room. During one of our shopping trips to St. George, we visited Angie's favorite store, Deseret Industries. I wasn't excited about going in, but just a few minutes into our visit, Angie found an absolute treasure. A nice sized, nice shaped, real wood coffee table. Angie has a vision, and a knack for finishing furniture and knew it would work. She primed, painted, glazed and varnished it in just a few hours time. When we came home, I couldn't wait to place it in the living room and show Nick how beautiful the whole space would be. Well, Nick had conjured up a surprise of his own!! While the kids and I were away for a week, he'd taken the liberty to hang a deer head in the living room! I was certainly not alright with this. I would love to see it hanging in a cabin or a man den, but front and center? We've had a few words about it, and the final decision is that it's coming down in October after his deer hunting buddy gets to come and see it. The table looks great, thanks Angie! I guess I have Nick and the taxidermist to thank for the dead animal.

3 comments:

Kristine Pratt said...

I love the new look in your living room! At least the deer head will be coming down soon :)

Angie said...

The table looks great. And you make me sound so good, you really did the table.
Maybe you can decorate the buck for the holidays, that would make Lyf take it down right away. You know a ghost costume for Halloween, a Pilgram hat for Thanksgiving and a red nose for Christmas. It could be a real show piece.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love your new table! I wish I had a knack for re-finishing furniture like that. I laughed so hard about the deer head...after I stopped laughing, I started again. Good luck finding a new home for it. :)