We drove about an hour and a half to Medicine Bow National Forest to enjoy a mountain bike ride. The forest service maintains the trail, which used to be a railroad track. The railroad ties and tracks have been pulled up and gravel was laid. The trail is 21 miles long. We didn't even come close to finishing it, but maybe someday without the kids and Jecca we could do it. It's a beautiful ride along the shore of Lake Owen, and through the forest. We were all going strong, but about an hour into the ride, Jecca and Isaac lost their steam. Isaac was tough enough to keep going, but we ended up putting Jecca in the bike trailer with the girls. Nick and I took turns pulling the approximately 120 pounds. There are Moose frequently spotted on the trail, we didn't spot any Moose, but we did see lots of butterflies, chipmunks and squirrels. We all had a fun time, and I hope we do it again soon.
It's starting to look a lot like...
6 years ago

1 comment:
That's one heavy bike trailer! You guys are troopers. I wish I was that physically fit!
Post a Comment