Nick took Isaac and Savannah (I was home with Sophia who was sick)to a ward spaghetti dinner and auction. Isaac walked in the door and immediately told me he wanted a race car cake like the one he saw at the church. He even drew me a picture of what the cake looked like. I asked Nick why he didn't buy the cake and he said it went for $50.00, and Nick had already donated quite a large amount of money and didn't feel like the cake was a great purchase. Isaac was persistant and kept reminding me that he really did want his own race car cake. As if I hadn't subjected myself to enough cake making (may I remind you about the barbie cakes), I decided to make his wish come true and make him a cake. I used his drawing and his ideas and this is what we came up with. It was very simple, it only took about 10 minutes to frost and decorate. Isaac was happy with the finished product, and in the picture of Savannah, you can see she liked it too.
It's starting to look a lot like...
6 years ago

11 comments:
Wow you guys have been busy!! Looks like fun. Good job on yet another spectacular cake!
I'm going to add on your title. Please let me know if you want it changed. But like I said I'm going to try to do some more gender neutral stuff soon. But my options are limited. Sorry about that!
Emily, I totally took the liberty of moving the items in your side bar around because I thought it looked better with the background. Please move them back if you want. The designer in me compulsively needed to move them so that the design made more sense--I'm totally usurping my power. Change it back if you want too. ;)
Wow Em, what a sweet and talented mother you are!
Emily, You are a fantastic cake maker.
Some things never change. Why am I not surprised you found a way to make the race car cake.
Looks like Wyoming is treating you well. Next time you're on your way to Hurricane, you better let me know so you can stop at my house. I would love to meet your kids.
Meridy,
thanks for the title, and for rearranging the side bar. You have my permission to do anything you want to make my blog look better.
Ya, Emily, no one is really suprised that the race car cake is soo cute. We expect things like that from you.
Oh ya, is Savannah wearing protective eyeware for a reason or just for fun? It does look fun.
She picked out the goggles earlier that day at Kohl's. But that's not a bad idea to have protective eyeware when you're holding a fork. Did you notice they're upside-down too?
The race car is such a clever idea and it does look easier than a Barbie cake. Isaac is a talented artist with a great memory to draw it out for you. Savannah goes so happy in the picture. I thought she had the glasses on to be a race car driver.
I finally found your family blog. The girls are beautiful and Issac looks very tall! We miss you around here!
Post a Comment