Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A wonderful visit from my Dear Mother and Sweet Sister



On Monday the 15th I excitedly drove to the Ft. Collins, Colorado airport to pick up my Mom and Sister, and her darling baby Kate, who would be spending a week here in Cheyenne. The first thing we did was hit the shopping, then we had lunch at Panera. I told my Mom she should try the Fandango salad, she trusted me and ordered it. She was trying so hard to be a good sport and enjoy it, saying how lovely it was. A few minutes later she mentioned that the cheese may not be fresh, and that it tasted like piss ants! Angie and I both got a great laugh out of that comment, and I'll probably remember it for a while, how often do you hear your Mom saying piss ant??

While Mom and Angie were here, Isaac wanted to pick a recipe out of his new cupcake cookbook, he chose penguins. He sent us to the store with a list of cupcake supplies while he was at school. Making the penguin cupcakes seemed like a fun, easy task, but believe me, these were a complete pain! We salvaged a few that hadn't fallen down from gravity and took a picture. I hope he picks an easier recipe next time.



Angie and Mom were so gracious to lend their talents and time to make a Masterpiece for my bedroom. It turned out so well(we all had our doubts during the project), I just love it, and I will be reminded of them each time I see the beautiful piece of art.

7 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

What a fun time. Piss ants? Funny!
I love the art work.

Carin said...

Cute cupcakes! And I LOVE the project for your bedroom. That looks so neat. Way to go! Glad you had a nice visit.

Carrie said...

That art is amazing! What a great way to have your family be a part of your home.

Cheryl said...

Well, you told on me and that was the first time I ever said that in my life! It's true though.
We sure had a fun week with you. It was fun to catch up on being with the kids and I wish we could peek in more often.
Love you lots!

Meridy said...

Yeah, Cheryl and Angie left out the piss ants story when they told me about your week! LOL. ;)

Angie said...

Well, the cheese did taste bad. I have never tasted piss ants so I don't know if they are comparable, but, the cheese was not good. It was a fun week. Emily took great care of us and it was fun to be with her family. I would not recommend penguin cupcakes unless you are very skilled in the arts/baking department, which Emily is and it was still quite a mess.

Kelly said...

The artwork is adorable. I need to have Angie and Cheryl come to my house and help me figure out what to do with that space also.