Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A lesson learned

Nick was out of town on a fishing trip, so I took the kids to the mall for dinner and browsing. We love to go to Chick-fil-a, the pet store, and the candy store, it's a ritual that we enjoy often. This time at the pet store, I had a very weak moment and fell in love with a puppy. I picked her up and she was so soft and snugly. Her sad eyes were so adorable! Totally on impulse, I bought the sweet thing! We named her Ginger Snap, because she'd reddish brown. We got her home and she peed on the carpet multiple times. Jecca was unhappy and continually growled at the new pet. I'm used to sleeping through the night, but the puppy started whining around 2 a.m. I knew I'd made a big mistake! I told Nick about the dog when he called, and he reiterated that I'd made a mistake. Sophia was convinced that when Daddy saw the dogs face, he'd let us keep her. She's super sweet and let the kids carry her all over the house. She didn't bark at all, and she actually got better about potty training too. I think we almost convinced Nick to keep her, but I think we all knew it wasn't a good idea. My friend Anna was looking for a dog, so I asked if she'd give her a good home. Her kids instantly fell in love with her and they took her home and named her Maggie. We still get to see her, and we even babysat her overnight a few nights ago. Every one's happy with the new arrangement. Nick said I'm no longer allowed to go to Pet Stores.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest, saddest dog I have ever seen.

Don't be buying new dogs. I already have one for you that is trained and ready to go.

Her name is Roxie and I hate her. :)