Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz174zo8xKs

Friday, September 26, 2008

2 BIG accidents




Isaac is usually such a sweet kid, that minds his business and doesn't do too much harm. This week has been different, a few days ago he broke our big screen TV by punching the screen with the wii controller. He said "It was an accident." We didn't really discipline him because Nick and I both talked about it and decided that we weren't perfect as kids either and we broke a few things too. Well today he threw a rock at a window in the front of our house and shattered it. I had been outside playing with all of the kids, but had just brought the girls inside. I heard a crash and knew right away what it was. Isaac bolted into the house and to his bed, he knew he was in trouble! He said "It was just an accident." I said, if you pick up a rock and throw it, it's not just an accident! I was pretty upset, but managed somehow not to beat him! Nick took it in stride and told me to make a list of jobs he has to do to earn the money to fix the window. I wonder if Isaac is old enough to clean toilets?? I sure hope there are no more accidents this week!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

You are a strong woman to have both of these accidents happen in one week and still see the humor in them to blog about them!

Nate said...

I think the jobs list was a good idea. I hear those wiis have lead to quite a few broken tv screens. Now that I think about it, I've also heard that rocks tend to break windows.

Carin said...

I don't know, boys will be boys? My boys were throwing balls over the house recently, I think it was only luck a window was not broken. As far as toilets - go for it. I have put "clean bathroom" on Bridger's Choreganizer.

Cheryl said...

Oh my heck! Remember we were worried about Crosley's ball breaking a window?
When we got home I asked someone about the wii controllers because it seems like they could go flying. I think it was Nate that told me they now have a safety wristband on them because of the many broken TV's.
Isaac sure is going to feel bad about not being able to wii.
I hope your accidents are over for a while and it's good TV's and windows are replaceable. Just write a check.
Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Hey, that sure is a nice piece of abstract art on your family room wall.

Carin said...

I have been looking around Sloans lake and I see a few good places to shoot pictures. Maybe you have something else in mind. You can e-mail me at cbarnett@millect.com and we can go from there. I like Cheryl's comment about the abstract art.

Acker Family said...

Emily, I just found your comments on my blog, I didn't even know you could do that. So now I found your blogs! Yea, how fun and cute are you all???!!! I am so happy for your new doggie! that is so great! You all look so good, this is so fun to keep up on eachother!

Mindi said...

I saw a similar job list at my sisters house for my nephew. I hate to see what's going to happen when our kids do something like that- Mike freaks if they wear their shoes on the "precious" wood floor.

Angie said...

Oh no! I am so not looking froward to these days- You guys are such good parents. (hope you remeber who I am)

Angie said...

Hey Auntie Emily,I am sorry about your TV and window. Hope you don't have any more accidents.Love ???????

(see if you can guess who is typing)

Angie said...

Hey Auntie Emily,I am sorry about your TV and window. Hope you don't have any more accidents.Love ???????

(see if you can guess who is typing)